Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Beautiful Ancestral House



Visiting my sister-in-law's hometown was unexpected. In spite of my prior engagements, I let my sister-in-law talked me into going back with them to attend her father's birthday tomorrow.  I know I will regret my spur of the moment decision later on.  But for now, I want to enjoy my short holiday. Besides, it is my first time to set foot in their town and their home.


I fell in love at first sight with their house. It is a two storey house surrounded with a beautiful garden of colorful flowers. But what really caught my attention are the windows.  Each of the windows is adorned with a window box full of various flowers and a pair of Architectural Raised Panel Fiberglass Shutters which reminds of the exterior shutters we have at home. These exterior shutters are really beautiful. Since they are made of fiberglass, it is guaranteed that it will surely last a long time just like the exterior shutters we have at our ancestral home. I was told that these Architectural Raised Fiberglass Shutters have been installed since early 2004. But they still look brand new. It also does not show any signs of warping, cracking, twisting or rotting. They do not have problems with repainting the exterior shutters since it came with a 15 year warranty paint finish. Aside from the flowers, the beautiful exterior shutters and windowbox, there are also trees in the backyard which explains why they do not use any air conditioning system.


I really enjoyed my short holiday together with my younger brother and his family. I wish I could stay our parents came with us. It would have been more fun if they were only available. I am sure that they will love the scenery. It is not only breathtakingly beautiful. It is also rejuvenating.

No comments:

Post a Comment